Ho Chi Minh Travel Checklist for a French
Before you go, please make sure you already have:
Ho Chi Minh Travel Checklist 1 – Passport
Your passport should be valid for at least six months before your arrival date in Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh Travel Checklist 2 – Vietnam Visa from France
France is in Vietnam Visa Exemption List, so please check your Vietnam Visa requirements basing on your trip purpose & staying duration at: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/guide/france/
The most convenient and affordable way that everyone chooses is applying for Vietnam Visa On Arrival. The things that distinguish VOA Vietnam with traditional way getting visa is that applicants can apply online, get approval letter via email before have visa stamped on original passport with all clear information including Vietnam visa fee, procedure and time of processing, etc.
Clothes: Clothing and footwear you’ll need
In HCM city, the weather is really pleasant, rarely getting too hot or t oo cool. However, you’ll also need to keep in mind you’ll need to pack a variety of clothes for the different regions you have planned on visiting in or near HCM city.
As other countries in Asia, Vietnamese culture respects the confidentiality of the woman. Therefore, it is quite impolite and disrespectful when you wear a super short-shorts, and very low-cut tops, for example.
- Remember bringing a plenty of breathable cotton shirts, shorts, and skirts.
- In some case of business, packing vest/singlet tops and blouses.
- A dispensable thing is comfortable footwear as you’ll spend most of time going out; a pair of sneakers as well as comfortable flats and sandals is useful in this case.
- A wide-brimmed hat as well as sunglasses and sunscreen for sunny-days
- You should also need an umbrella, not only for the rainy season in Saigon, but also to protect your skin from the sun if you are under the sun for a long period of time.
- And don’t forget to bring beach clothes if your plan is to discover beautiful Vietnamese beaches. Surely, you will get gorgeous photos to show your friends and family.
- If you want to introduce your home land, bring us your traditional clothes or suit, we are so happy to know more about your culture.
Mosquito repellent: Be sure to throw in some super strong bug spray as the mosquitos can be quite savage, especially if you’re visiting the southern parts of Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh Travel Checklist – Money
Plan your budget. It’s important to have a rough idea of how much it’s realistically going to cost you to get to Vietnam, get around the places you want to go and get home. Figure out your Vietnam flight costs and hotel costs with a quick look at Skyscanner.com and Booking.com – these will let you get exact prices for flights to Vietnam and a sense of what you can expect to pay for hotels.
Take photos with your cell phone of your passport page, and all of your credit cards and debit cards, both front and back. It will be truly important to have card details and emergency phone numbers to call if you lose the cards. Email is also another way to store data so you can access to them anytime, anywhere you need.
Hope all tips can contribute to your perfect trip in Vietnam!