Vietnam is becoming one of the fastest growing travel destinations in Southeast Asia. This is reflected in the latest statistical report on the number of international visitors to Vietnam in 2017. It is increasing strongly, including visitors from Australia – the sixth potential market Vietnam tourism.
Australia is a country separate from other countries on the world map. Perhaps this makes Australians like to travel, socialize and make friends. Traditionally, Australians have frequented destinations in the Asia-Pacific region: Indonesia (mainly Bali), Fiji and Thailand, but now more and more Australians have been trending of choosing Vietnam as a new the destination.
If you are an Australian citizen and are planning to travel or work in Vietnam in the near future, please refer to our article about the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney for more information of apply Vietnam visa when you have a need.
The main tasks
The consulate general of Vietnam in Sydney is the agency representing the Vietnamese government in Sydney. Its main tasks are to solve problems related to visas, passports, nationality, notary papers, civil status registration and other matters.
Visa application process at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney
- Issued by: the consulate general of Vietnam in Sydney
- Processing time: 4 to 5 working days
- Original passport required
- Passport of foreigner must be valid for at least 6 months and is not torn or blurred number.
- You must have an entry document issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam permitting the foreigner to enter and receive the visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in the host country.
- Show passport
- Produce the entry document (the copy is printed on A4 size paper and notarized)
- Fill in the form as instructed by the staff of the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam
- Pay the visa fee at the embassy or consulate in accordance with the regulations
***In addition to obtaining a Vietnam visa at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney, Australian residents can also refer to the following two other ways:
– E-visa: Australia is on the list of 46 countries granted by the government of Vietnam to apply for e-visa. Australian citizens can access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt to complete the form with required information and documents. After that, the applicant will receive an application code and will be asked to pay a non-refundable fee online. It will take 3 working days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not.
Successful applicants will have to print their e-visas to present when they arrive at Vietnam international airports.
– Visa on arrival: The documents and process are not the same as when applying for a Vietnam visa directly at the embassy because applicants will need to fill in an online secure application form and make payment online to get Approval Letter first. And finally get visa stamped at Vietnam International Airports. Such a convenient way, isn’t it? All simple details can be found on: Vietnam Visa On Arrival in Australia.
If you would like to know more about the visa on arrival process, please contact visa provider https://www.vietnam-visa.com/ for further advice!