Ho Chi Minh travel tips and Vietnam visa guide for Portuguese
Ho Chi Minh Travel Tips
Sai Gon, the city was once hailed as “the Pearl of far East” is the largest and the most developed city in Vietnam. It is a culture, social and economic center of the country, where the old and new culture perfectly blend with each other.
Despite the rapid changes, development of new urban areas, high-rise buildings, ancient temples and traditional markets always have its own position in the heart of Sai Gon citizens and tourists.
Southern food has long been famous for its vibrant flavor and diversity thanks to tropical weather.
Ho Chi Minh Travel Tips – Places not to miss in HCM city
- Cu Chi tunnel
- War Remnant Museum
- Sai Gon Opera House
- Ben Thanh Market
- Cao Dai Temple
When to visit Saigon
There are 2 seasons in a year: rainy season and dry season. The rainy season starts from May to November, therefore, the best time to visit this city is from December to April. At that time, the weather is still warm and dry, ideal to discover the city.
Ho Chi Minh Travel Tips – Vietnam Visa for Portugal Citizens
If you are living in Portugal and want to visit Vietnam, you are required to have Vietnam visa prior to your trip. Currently, there are 2 options for you to obtain Vietnam visa: the traditional way is to apply directly at Vietnam Embassy in Portugal, or apply for VOA Vietnam (Vietnam Visa on Arrival)
- Applying for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Portugal: We are sorry to inform that there is currently no information on the Embassy of Vietnam in Portugal. Therefore, you can visit the nearest Embassy in neighbor country to carry out application procedure. For example, you can consider coming to Vietnam Embassy in Madrid, Spain.
- Applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival: If you plan to enter Vietnam by air, this type of visa application is highly recommended to you as it extremely convenient and at low-cost.
Application procedure for Vietnam Visa on Arrival
- Complete an online application form at https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html with required personal information including your full name, date of birth, date of arrival, etc.
- After that, a visa approval letter will be sent to you within 2 business day (under normal circumstances) and just 1 day (in urgent cases) through e-mail.
- Please print out the approval letter, completed application form, bring along your original passport, 02 passport-sized photos, and stamping fee to get your visa stamped.
Total cost for VOA Vietnam
- Service fee: paid for Vietnam-visa.com
- Stamping fee: paid for immigration official at the arrival airport.
If there is any question, feel free to send mail at [email protected]. We will try to help you at our best.